Holy Grass Handcrafted Premium Vodka, 70cl
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Dunnet Bay Distillers, are a family run business that creates award-winning Rock Rose Gin and Holy Grass Vodka in the spectacular Bay of Dunnet in the far reaches of northern Scotland along the prestigious North Coast 500 route. The aim of their distillery is to produce spirits that are representative of the Caithness way. Creating an exceptional product such as this involves hand distillation that is slow, thoughtful, and passionate.
Holy Grass is found on the banks of the Thurso River, which gives the vodka an extraordinary taste. This Holy Grass Vodka is named after a famous botanist, Robert Dick from Tullibody, who lived in Thurso between 1830 and 1866. Among his talents, he was a well-respected baker and an accomplished botanist. As a result, he found Holy Grass (Hierochloe borealis) along the Thurso River banks, proving its presence in Great Britain.
Paying incredible attention to every little bit of detail - every bottle made leaves their distillery being distilled, hand waxed to seal the vodka to keep it fresh, then signed and packaged for the enjoyment of the Vodka connoisseur.
- Award winning - Scottish Vodka handcrafted with traditional and local botanicals to provide a distinctive tasting experience
- Unique flavour - the wonderful, unique taste of this vodka comes from the Holy Grass found on the banks of the Thurso River. Holy Grass (old name hierochloe borealis/ordorata new name Anthoxanthum nitens) was used for basket weaving and was used on church floors to give a sweet, vanilla smell when walked over
- A tribute blend - this vodka is a tribute to Robert Dick, a legendary brilliant and self-taught botanist from Tullibody, who discovered the Holy Grass ingredient that is use in their botanicals mix
- Crafted by hand - each of their vodkas are made in their small distillery - Dunnet Bay Distillers - in the spectacular Bay of Dunnet in the far reaches of Northern Scotland using an old-age family tradition that involves the use of a copper pot still that is lovingly named Elizabeth
- Try this simple, yet amazing signature serve: 25ml of Holy Grass Vodka, 50ml of premium lemon tonic or Sicilian lemonade. Garnish with some fresh mint! Enjoy!