How Do E-Gift Cards Work?
The perfect little thank you, a well done, a special occasion or a celebratory moment but not sure what to treat that special person to? Let them pick the perfect gift.
Our E-gift Cards are perfect if you’re stuck for a gift idea or not totally sure if your gift will be well received by someone that is special to you. Gifting them with an E-Gift card not only saves you a lot of time in not having to travel to the shops and spend an entire day picking something they may not like, this way of gifting will guarantee to bring a smile to someone special as not only will they be surprised in receiving the E-Gift Card but they also have the fun and excitement of picking their own perfect gift, too! So, why not allow us to do the leg work by delivering a lovely surprise they will love? Simply load the E-Gift Card with the amount of your choice (anywhere from £10 to £1000 - if you require a higher amount, please contact us with your request and we will be more than happy to assist). We’ll then email the E-Gift Card directly to the lucky recipient within the hour (allow up to 2 hours during busy periods) – Now this is the perfect idea if you don’t want to spoil a very special occasion!
How do E-Gift Cards work?
1. Simply go to 'E-Gift Cards' tab at the top of the webshop (or click here) and select 'Purchase Gift Certificate' option. Take care by making sure both purchaser's and recipient's details are correct and accurate while filling out the online form. We recommend that you check the spelling of the recipient's name and email address for accuracy.
2. Add your own personal message or greeting in the text box provided.
3. Add your E-Gift Card purchase to your shopping cart, along with other store purchases if you wish. Once payment is complete, we'll email your electronic E-Gift Card directly to whoever you're treating. It's really that simple!
Q. How do I buy an E-Gift Card?
A. Simply visit https://tipplesandcompany.co.uk/giftcertificates.php and select 'Purchase Gift Certificate' option. Then follow the easy steps to complete your purchase. Fill out the online form taking care all details are correct and accurate. It is worth double checking for any possible mistype as Tipples And Company cannot rectify any mistakes once the purchase is finalised. E-Gift Cards are only available for purchase through our online webshop and can not be purchased over the telephone or by email.
Q. What values do your E-Gift Cards come in?
A. Tipples And Company E-Gift Cards can be purchased between any value from £10.00 up to the maximum value of £1000.00. If you require a higher amount please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Q. Will I receive Tipples Club Rewards points for purchasing an E-Gift Card from Tipples And Company?
A. No. Tipples Points aren't available on E-Gift Card purchases. However, the recipient will receive Tipples Points on any purchase using an E-Gift Card and this will reflect on their points balance within 3 days of a purchase being completed.
Q. How will my E-Gift Card be delivered?
A. When buying an E-Gift Card, we will ask you to complete the name and email address for the person it's going to be sent to. We will email your E-Gift Card for the intended recipient, along with instructions on how to use it. If you don't have their email address, then you can send the E-Gift Card to yourself to forward on later if you prefer (for example, you can include a printed E-Gift Card within a greeting card of your own choosing and hand it to them personally). We will also send you a receipt for your purchase confirmation by email.
Q. How long does it take for the recipient to receive their E-Gift Card?
A. Normally, E-Gift Cards are delivered to the nominated email address you have provided within an hour of you completing the purchase. However, it is normal to take slightly longer during busy periods.
Q. I have completed the E-Gift Card purchase and all of the recipients details are correct. However, I have waited over an hour and it still has not been received. Why is this?
A. Please ask the recipient to check their inbox once again and bear in mind it's possible that it could have filtered in to their spam or junk mail folder.
Q. When buying an E-Gift Card, what methods of payment do you accept?
A. We accept all major UK debit or credit cards issued by Visa or Mastercard at the checkout.
Q. How do I check the remaining balance on my E-Gift Card?
A. The remaining balance can be checked by clicking here Check Gift Certificate Balance or simply go to 'E-Gift Cards' tabs at the top of the webshop navigation menu and select 'Check Gift Certificate Balance'
Q. Do E-Gift Cards have an expiry date?
A. The expiry date for any E-Gift Card is 12 months from the date it was purchased or 12 months from when it was last used. To check on your E-Gift Card purchase date or last used date, please login to your Tipples And Company account.
Q. What happens if there is a problem with my E-Gift Card?
A. If you experience any problems with your E-Gift Card please contact us on 0191 679 0676 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What if I lose my E-Gift Card or delete the email with the E-Gift Card on?
A. You should treat your E-Gift Card like cash. Deleted, lost, stolen or misused E-Gift Cards can not be replaced under any circumstance.
Q. What if someone makes a copy of my E-Gift Card?
A. Please ensure the recipient's email address where the E-Gift Card is being sent to is secure. For the recipient - only share the E-Gift Card with the person you intend to do your shopping with. If you suspect that your E-Gift Card has been copied, stolen or misused, you must get in touch with us immediately on 0191 679 0676 or email us at: email@example.com
Q. Can the recipient use the E-Gift Card immediately when they receive it by email?
A. It is normal and can sometimes take up to 2 hours for your Tipples And Company E-Gift Card to be authorised and ready to be used on our systems.
Q. How do I pay for items with an E-Gift Card?
A. E-Gift Cards are emailed to the recipient's email address you provided at checkout. The email will have a unique serial number which is entered at the Checkout stage by the recipient. When making payment and your order total is more than the available value on your card then you are able to pay the extra amount using a debit or credit card. If you have any credit remaining on your E-Gift Card this will remain on your card until you decide to spend it on your next purchase.
Q. What can I spend my E-Gift Card on?
A. You can shop for all items store-wide using your E-Gift Card.
Q. Do I have to spend the whole value on my E-Gift Card all at once?
A. No. It will expire 12 months from when it was last used. What you have left is carried forward and can be used on a separate purchase.
Q. As a recipient, do I earn any Tipple Club Reward points when I use an E-Gift Card to make a purchase?
A. Yes. You earn Tipples Points which will then be added to your Tipples Club Rewards account, just as you would normally when making a purchase.
Q. Can I top up the balance on my E-Gift Card?
A. No. E-Gift Cards are only loaded with credit once at the point of purchase.
Q. Can I get the cash back from an E-Gift Card?
A. No. The value on the card balance can not be returned, taken as cash or refunded.
Can't find the answer to your question here?
Contact us on 0191 679 0676 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our utmost to help you find the answer to what you are looking for.
Terms and Conditions
1. You understand and agree by the Terms And Conditions set out below when you purchase an E-Gift Card through Tipples And Company.
2. All E-Gift Cards are subject to availability.
3. You agree and accept responsibility that upon purchasing an E-Gift Card for the intended recipient, they are of at least the legal age limit in your country to purchase alcoholic drinks and related products. Currently 18+ years of age in the United Kingdom.
4. The recipient of an E-Gift Card can use it to purchase any products, store-wide.
5. E-Gift Cards can not be exchanged for cash, nor can it be refunded, duplicated or re-issued.
6. If any item(s) have been purchased using an E-Gift Card, and the item(s) need to be returned due to damage or if the alcoholic drink has perished we will issue a credit note to the same value for you to spend in our webshop. We can not issue any cash refunds in this instance. Please refer to the store-wide general Terms and Conditions of Sale regarding our returns policy.
7. Treat an E-Gift Card like cash; any lost, stolen or misused cards can not be replaced or refunded.
8. The E-Gift Card and any balance remaining on it will expire exactly 12 months from purchase date or when the card was last used.
9. Please ensure the email address where the E-Gift Card will be sent is secure as any unauthorised access and misuse of the card is the sole responsibility of the recipient.
10. E-Gift cards are non-refundable once purchased.
11. Tipples And Company reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of E-Gift Cards at any time and to take appropriate action by revoking and cancelling an E-Gift Card, in it's discretion, if we deem such action is necessary. We will take these measures if there is reason to suspect misuse or to prevent fraudulent activity. This does not affect your statutory rights.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Published 5 September 2020