Taylor's 20 Year Old Tawny Port with Gift Box, 75cl
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
This Taylor's 20 Year Old Tawny Port is fully matured in seasoned oak casks each holding approximately 630 litres of wine. The Over many years of careful ageing this Port wine gradually takes on its famous characteristic amber ‘tawny’ colour, slowly developing the complex mellow flavours and the smooth luscious palate which are the hallmarks of this style of fine port. Taylor’s blends their magnificent 20 year old tawny Ports from its extensive reserves of old cask aged Ports matured in the firm’s cool and tranquil cellars (known as ‘lodges’) in Oporto located on Portugal’s Atlantic coast. These Port wines are then bottled when they're at their optimal quality and ready to drink, therefore not requiring any further ageing in the bottle.
- On the palette: a magnificent and finely-balanced tawny of outstanding richness and complexity
- Excellent with soft cheeses such as brie, and a superb dessert wine, particularly with dishes made with coffee or almonds
- An excellent accompaniment to many desserts such as creme brulee or a plate of wild strawberries
- Combines well with flavours of figs, almonds and caramel
- Many appreciate this Port on its own, at the end of the meal or enjoy with walnuts or dried fruit
Try this Christmas Cranberry Sauce with Port recipe.
This is the perfect accompaniment with your roast Turkey at Christmas. This simple yet very delicious recipe gives an edge to your cranberry sauce that is certain to have your friends and family begging for more! This luxurious sauce is ready in about 20 minutes, and it will keep for about a month in the refrigerator.
- 500g (3 cups) Fresh/Frozen Cranberries
- 100g (3/4 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) Tawny Port or Select Reserve
Combine all the ingredients together in a saucepan and gently heat to simmering temperature. To maintain the fabulous flavour of the cranberries and Port wine, try not to overheat or rapid boil the cranberry sauce. Simmer gently over a low heat for about 15 minutes, or until your sauce has reduced to the right consistency. Leave to cool before storing in an airtight jar in the refrigerator in readiness for your big Christmas Day dinner.
Please note: the gift box may differ slightly in design depending on the Port's release date